Ah, the 80’s. So full of optimism and creativity. I bring up that decade because of a man named MacGyver. In the television series “MacGyver”, the title character used on the fly tricks or “hacks” in order to get himself and others out of harm’s way.
For instance, off the top of my head, I think he used a gum wrapper and a battery to start a fire one time. There’s a new reboot of the show, but I recommend searching around for the original series. You can’t recreate that magic. If I can find a link to the DVD’s or something I will leave below. Getting back to the point…
Let’s say you’re stuck in the woods and need to survive. How would you accomplish this? Now, I’m sure I’ll find many different survival hacks over time, but this one focuses on 7 Survival Life Hacks that could save your life.
In this video you get, hacks go from filtering water to constructing an oil lamp with a soda can and a cloth. Now, of course, some people will complain and say, “where would I get a soda can from if I’m stuck in the wilderness?” Well, that’s true for some people, but I’ve seen people with soda attached to their hands like it’s part of their body. Anything is possible.
The point is to use the things around you to your advantage when needed. Who
The 7 Survival Hacks Breakdown
1. Need some light in a pinch and a candle alone won’t cut it? Grab a soda can and cut open the sides, fold them out and place the candle in. This will reflect your light and give you some decent protection from the elements.
2. If you ever find yourself without a clean water source grab a piece of cloth and 2 containers. Put the dirty water in one container and run the cloth from it to the empty glass. After a short while, you will have filtered, muck free water. Remember to boil.
3. Need to get a cooking fire going with minimal effort? Grab an empty egg carton and place charcoal into the slots. Seal it up, light a corner and enjoy.
4. If mosquitoes are getting worse you can repel them easily using common household herbs. Since you already have that little cooking fire going, sprinkle some basil or drop some rosemary on the coals. The bugs can’t stand it and will stay far away.
5. How about a solar microwave? Grab a small food box and cut out a fold. Wrap the top in aluminum foil and line the inner box with it as well. Place your food inside and give it some time. You now have a solar charged grilled cheese sandwich.
6. Need to find the right direction home? Get a small sliver of metal such as a needle and rub it against your clothing several times. Place the needle on a leaf and float it in some water. The needle will point you North.
7. And finally, the emergency oil lamp. Grab some old cloth and bundle it up. Take a soda can and fill it about halfway with olive oil. Place the cloth into the can and light. You have yourself a makeshift oil lamp that will last hours.
There you go 7 survival hacks in the woods. What do you think? Leave a reply in the comment box below.